Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hoi An

Hoi An was my favorite place in Vietnam - long alleys filled with crazy cyclists, a toothless lady on the beach trying to sell me bananas and new beautiful handmade clothes are my fondest memories. Neon lights are banned here so you get amazing evening strolls through the town lit up with lanterns. It's very romantic...It was one of the few times I was sad to be travelling alone!








For those of you that watched the Top Gear Vietnam Special - yup - Hoi An is where the men got their beautiful suits made and the amazing boat gift that they made the lovely Mr Hammond carry/destroy. Hoi An is known for it's tailoring - there are tailoring shops EVERYWHERE where you can view walls of gorgeous fabrics, look through catalogues (they had the latest UK Next Catalogue - was impressed!), they measure you and you decide a price and then come back the next day and have a fitting for your new clothes. I got lots of dresses made - and think I want to go back for lots more!

No comments:

Post a Comment